Synthetic ice is a modified plastic resin engineered to mimic natural ice, therefore allowing users to skate and train on the surface. Premium ice skating tiles with friction-induced locking system come pre-boxed with an installation guide. Our multi-directional panels provide maximum rink size versatility without any additional cutting.
- Self-lubricating – no liquids
- Friction induced locking system
- Quick 1-person install
- Useable on both sides
- Estimated 25-year life span
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use regular ice skates on Synthetic Ice? +
Yes, any type of ice skates work well on Synthetic Ice.
- Is Synthetic Ice as slippery as real ice?+
- Does Synthetic Ice need any lubrication or liquid?+
No liquids or oils are required! Synthetic Ice has been engineered with our trademarked AAF™ (Accelerated Anti-Friction) that provide the slip necessary for skate blades.
- Does Synthetic Ice scratch?+
Scratches in the surface are normal and expected. Our trademarked AAF™ (Accelerated Anti-Friction) is through the entire thickness of the panel, therefore you will always continue to enjoy an excellent skating surface.
- Should I be worried about scratches in the surface?+
No; it is normal for the surface to be scratched. In fact, Synthetic Ice was engineered to work as good or even better with scratches! If you concerned about the looks, then it is possible to scrape the surface using a paint scraper or for large areas an ice scraper can be used.
- Will Synthetic Ice ruin my skates?+
No, Synthetic Ice has no abnormal effects on skate blades. Regular sharpening of skate blades is required just like on real ice.
- What is the life span on the Synthetic Ice?+
It will last anywhere from 5 to 15 years depending on how much you use it. Keep in mind that you can flip all the panels over to double the life of your ICE! With proper care and use it will provide years of enjoyment and training.
- Can Synthetic Ice be used outdoors?+
Yes, Synthetic Ice can be used indoors as well as outdoors anytime of the year. It is designed to work in places where ice is not a possibility and therefore has been engineered to withstand all temperatures and weather conditions
- Will Synthetic Ice fade from the sun?+
While some fading over time is normal, Synthetic Ice has been designed with UV protection to ensure longevity. This will allow the ice to retain its physical properties as well as its color.
- How is Synthetic Ice connected?+
The panels are manufactured with a friction fit puzzle piece design that interlocks securely. Full installation details are available on the Installation Guide.
- Can I cut Synthetic Ice tiles to make it fit in our area of installation?+
Yes, Synthetic Ice can be cut to fit. Please follow the installation instructions to ensure you have maximized the panels.
- Can both sides of the Synthetic Ice be used?+
Yes. The interlocking panels are designed to work either way. The panels can be easily separated and reinstalled “upside down”. This will double the service life of your skating surface!
- How long does it take to install Synthetic Ice?+
A small ice surface of 10 feet x 20 feet can be installed in about one hour
- How do I clean the surface?+
There are several ways that it can be cleaned. Pressure washing is the easiest, however for indoor rink's or if you don't have a pressure washer this is not possible. To clean the Synthetic Ice, broom off any debris & dust. Then take a pail of warm water with dish soap and mop surface. Use a towel or squeegee to dry the top surface.
- Can using Synthetic Ice help me with my strength and conditioning?+
Synthetic Ice is designed to work all your muscles and increase your on-ice strength and agility. Using Synthetic Ice on a regular basis will increase your stamina, muscle conditioning, speed, and reflexes. Synthetic Ice is especially designed to increase lower body strength to give you an explosive advantage during the game.
- Can Synthetic Ice be used for goalkeeper training+
Yes, it is often purchased for goalkeeper training. This allows for year-round training at home or any other facility.
- Can Synthetic Ice be used for figure skating?+
Synthetic Iceis used for figure skating around the world.